Please note: UWDMC is no longer accepting new students in courses. All courses will continue to be available online for free review.
Since 1982, UWDMC has offered a self-study course curriculum in international disaster/emergency management. Written and reviewed by more than 100 specialists with field experience throughout the world, UWDMC courses have been developed as practical learning tools.
Course materials have been in a pdf document that students could download and then study at their own pace and on their own schedule. The content has included self-test quizzes and exercises for reinforcing learning. To earn Continuing Education Units (CEU) and receive a certificate of completion students were required to complete a proctored exam taken at a time and place of each student’s choosing.
Course study guides for free review
Course study guides are available at the links below and are free for you to download, browse, and review. Please note that we no longer enroll students, process exams and award CEU for these courses.
- Aim and Scope of Disaster Management
- Principles of Management
- Natural Hazards: Causes and Effects
- Disaster Preparedness
- Damage and Needs Assessment
- Disaster Response
- Environmental Health Management after Natural Disaster
- Health Services Organization in the Event of Disaster
- Emergency Health Management after Natural Disaster
- Epidemiologic Surveillance after Natural Disaster
- Emergency Vector Control after Natural Disaster
- Health Education and Training of Refugee Health Workers
- Disasters and Development
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Contingency Planning
- Planning an Emergency Response
- Managing an Emergency Response
- Managing External Relations in an Emergency
- Designing Participatory Workshops
- Providing Emergency Support and Advice
- Security Risk Management